Capital Area Counseling Service, Inc.
Capital Area Counseling Service, Inc. (CACS) is a private, non-profit, mental health and addiction treatment agency was incorporated July 3, 1968 in Pierre, the capital city of South Dakota.
- Preventing suicide is our #1 responsibility.
- We serve a large geographic area.
- Many of the people we serve are indigent.
- We provide 24-7 emergency mental health services.
- 10.5% of the general population is Native American.
- So far this fiscal year CACS has served 439 Native Americans
- 98% of our Therapeutic Foster Care children are Native American
- 38% of our emergency mental health services have been provided to Native American in crisis.
CACS also provides an array of assessment, treatment and follow-up services for mental health and substance use disorders, in addition to our specialized suicide intervention services. We employ approximately 100 full and part-time licensed clinicians, paraprofessionals and administrative staff.